Monday, October 10, 2011

enchilada night.


Ever make something that just does not photograph well, no matter how delicious it is? I feel like that's the story of my just-beginning cooking life - desperately trying to get my home-cooked meals (which have been tasting pretty darn good, I must say!) to sit pretty for the camera, to no avail. But sometimes, that doesn't really matter.

A group of my best girlfriends (minus one or two!) got together last week to make a yummy-looking enchilada recipe we found on a blog we've been reading for a while, 20 Something Cupcakes. We shredded cheese and chicken, mashed guac, got jalapeño juice in our eyes, drank wine and of course, had a few belly-laughs. And when our enchiladas were ready, damn were we ready for them! The kitchen was a mess and the enchiladas were even messier, but it was undoubtedly the best night of my week. And so here's what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving: family; health; nights filled with wine, laughter and friends and good (albeit un-photogenic) food. Can't ask for much more than that. Happy Thanksgiving!



























No comments:

Post a Comment